Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday Musings: Dog Drama

Y'all... the dog drama just keeps on going around here.  And on Sunday morning it really kicked up a notch.


Last Tuesday I started trying to transition him back to his regular food, but we had some more bowel issues.  (I won't get into the gross details for you) So after chatting with the vet - and yes, showing them a picture of the poop - I was told to keep him on the bland diet for a few more days and keep an eye on him.  He's been eating well and his activity level has been normal.  

He seemed to be doing well, and I fully expected to start the slow transition to regular food again today.  Until the bloody diarrhea started.  Yes.  I said it.  Believe me, I was a hundred million trillion times more shocked to see the actual thing than you are to read it.   I started to chat with the vet again, but decided  - Nope!  We took him straight to the ER vet.   

We had to leave him there all Sunday afternoon.  They suspect gastroenteritis, but we had to wait on blood work and a fecal screening to rule out a few other things.  We did finally get to go pick him up Sunday night about 8:30.  He's going to be on some meds and a special prescription food for a few days.  But I'm praying this sorts him out and we can put this behind us.

It's crazy how attached we get to those little furry family members.  I have been so stressed out.  And shed a few tears with worrying and feeling guilty that maybe I could have done something to prevent this or head it off sooner before it got to this point.  

In other news, I made good progress on my goals for last week.  There were a couple of things I didn't get to.  For example, I did clean out the fridge, but I didn't get to the freezer.  I'll do that this week. I also didn't work on my crochet top every day because I got distracted by another project I was working on for the Etsy shop.

Goals for this week:

  • Clear out the last few random boxes my home office
  • Clean out the freezer
  • Set 3rd quarter goals
  • Set monthly goals for July
  • Take pictures of new listings to Etsy shop
  • Write 1 blog post for the shop blog
  • Prep Sunday and Thankful Thursday posts for 3rd quarter

What are your goals for this week?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!