Monday, August 2, 2021

Monday Musings: Hiking

You may have noticed I was quiet last week. I apologize that I didn't get much posted, but I had a good reason.  My "baby" sister was visiting for the first time since before the pandemic began.  No offense, but it was more important to me to spend some time catching up with her than writing a few blog posts.

Since I wasn't posting last week, I didn't get a chance to share about the epic hike we took on Sunday, July 25.  It was about a 7-mile hike.  And yes - my legs were so sore for a couple of days afterward!



The Female Offspring and the Grandkid came along for the adventure.  We saw some beautiful river scenery, the remains of an old logging/lumber community (where apparently my husband's great-great-grandfather worked at some point), and also a rattlesnake.  YIKES!!  I can honestly say that I had never seen a rattlesnake in the wild until this hike.  That part I could have done without, but the rest of the hike was fantastic.


I enjoy hiking and I'm not sure why we don't go more often.  It's good exercise and being out in nature has a wonderful calming effect. Especially when you are walking alongside a mountain stream.

I also didn't get around to setting any weekly goals last week since I knew I would be busy and needed to be flexible with my schedule.  I was a little worried that I would feel behind by the end of the week and be hustling to try and catch up.  But, surprisingly, I don't feel that way at all!

My goals for this week...

  • Start prepping for vacation later this month
  • Give the master bathroom a good cleaning
  • Ship current Etsy orders
  • Take photos of new items to list in the Etsy shop
  • Work on Sunday posts for the rest of the year
  • Take car to have tire fixed
What are your plans and goals for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!