Friday, October 1, 2021

Currently... October 2021

Whew... I hope your September was less stressful than my September.  What a wild and crazy month that turned out to be!  It hasn't been all bad, but I can definitely say that I am ready to put the month behind us and move on to October.  Hopefully, this one will be a little calmer.

The good news is that all of my mother's pathology reports came back negative for cancer!  Praise God!!  She is recovering well from her surgery. Although maybe not as quickly as she would like - it's definitely a process.  So, it's about as good of an outcome as we could have hoped for.  BIG sigh of relief!

I always view October as sort of the unofficial start to the holiday season in our house.  Our celebrations begin when the Man of the House has his birthday this month. (The Big 5-0 this year!) Then my birthday is the first of November.  Our anniversary is the 21st of November.  And then the real holiday season begins.  


Working On: September and early October are busy times in my Etsy shop for the little "character" hats I create.  This year the teddy bear hats, tiger hats, and R2D2 hats have been quite popular.  So, that's pretty much been the focus right now. 

Celebrating:  As I mentioned above - the Man of the House turns 50 this month. (He probably doesn't appreciate me pointing that out so many times in one blog post.) So next weekend will be all about celebrating him!

Wanting/Needing: Ideas for healthy protein-rich breakfasts and lunches that are quick and simple to prepare. Dinners, I can do - no problem.  But I don't like having to do a lot of work to prepare my breakfast or lunch.  As a result, I will often skip meals and end up doing a lot of snacking late in the day to make up for it -  or I grab something that is not very good for me.   

Eating:  Too much candy corn.  This is the only time of year I eat the stuff.  And by the middle to end of this month, I'll probably be sick of it.  I know a lot of you don't like candy corn.  That's ok.  More for me! 

Loving: The weather took a turn toward cooler temperatures just as Autumn officially started.  And I couldn't be happier about that.  Chilly mornings. Comfortable afternoons.  The leaves just starting to change.  Pumpkin cream cold brew back at the coffee shops.  It all reminds me why this is my favorite season!

Thinking About:  How some things happen and why they happen the way they do. Check back on Monday for more of my thoughts about that. 


Goals for October:

  • Celebrate the Man of the House's birthday
  • Read one self-help or inspirational book
  • Do some sort of exercise (walk, weight, yoga, etc) every day
  • Select inspirational quotes for first quarter Sunday posts
  • Brainstorm January post ideas
  • Create 1 - 2 valentine gift sets for Etsy shop
  • Plan1 - 2 blog posts during January for the shop blog 

What are your plans and goals for October?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!