Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday Musings: Stuff Happens

Stuff happens. Every single day things are happening.  Every month.  Every week.  Every minute.

Some of it is good.  Some of it is not so good.  And some of it is just... stuff that happens.  

Some of those things we can prepare for.  They're expected. Some of them are even inevitable.  

But some of it takes us by surprise.  Whether it sneaks up on us, or comes swooping in and knocks us off our feet, taking our breath away.  There are always going to be things we can't plan for.  Things we never see coming until... there they are. 


My mother didn't expect to hear that she had two large tumors when she went in for a routine exam.  But there they were.  She didn't expect to be having surgery less than 3 weeks later.  But she did.  I didn't anticipate her living circumstances having to change without warning and her staying with us during her recovery period.  But here we are.

Stuff happens

All these recent events have had me thinking a lot about how and why things happen.  Especially things you couldn't plan for or didn't anticipate.  Even things you certainly wouldn't want to happen, like my mom's surgery.

I'm seeing a lot of evidence that sometimes that unexpected or unwanted event can turn out to be exactly what you needed. Or it can lead to something better than you would have thought in the beginning. 

There's a Bible verse that speaks to this: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28 NLT)

Y'all... I am here to tell you that I believe it!!  I've seen it at work recently.  

That thing that you don't want to go through, that tough time, that unexpected news. When things aren't going according to plan. I know it seems gloomy at the moment.  But hang on... cause the outcome might be exactly what you never even knew that you needed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!