Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Currently... February 2022

Welcome, February!  It's the month of love.  Whether you celebrate Valentine's Day, Galentines, show yourself some affection with a little self-care, or don't observe the day at all - I hope you find an opportunity to let some love into your life.

Working On: I am doing a little bit of cleaning, organizing,  and redecorating around the house.  I need to clean out and extremely organize the linen closet.  I did a little redo of the kitchen counters - nothing major.  I'm also working on winding all my yarn into cakes and reorganizing it.  That's a whole process, but it will get there eventually.

I'm a month into the temperature blanket and so far I am pleased with how it's looking.  So far, I have only had to use a few of the cooler colors.  I am excited to see the colors change when we start to get warmer temperatures in a few months. 

Celebrating: The Man of the House and I made some plans to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early.  We're usually very low-key for that holiday, just a dinner out and a card or chocolate or something. But this year we're taking a little local overnight getaway.  

Wanting/Needing: After a winter storm dropped about 10 inches of snow on us last month, I realized that I need a new coat/jacket.  I haven't really been going out much in the last couple of years - especially in the cold, so I didn't realize how worn out mine was.  When I take the dogs out I usually just throw on one of my husband's jackets or an old coat that used to belong to the male offspring.  Time to order a little something new for myself. 

Eating: I have been trying out some new recipes recently.  Last week I made a delicious shakshuka!  Over the weekend, I created a version of chicken shawarma. We wrapped the chicken in flatbread with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a homemade yogurt sauce. Yummy!  I will definitely be making both of these again.

Loving: The Man of the House and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary later this year.  We're starting to make plans for a big anniversary trip. I am loving the anticipation and fun of dreaming about where we'll go and the adventures we will have.

February Goals:

  • Post Easter items to Etsy shop
  •  Organize linen closet
  • Work on winding and organizing yarn
  • Read at least 3 books
  • Create Sunday posts for the 2nd quarter
  • Make at least 3 new-to-me recipes

What are your plans for February?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!