Monday, January 31, 2022

Other Plans

Last week did not go according to the plans I had made for myself. I started off strong. The plumber came out Monday to give us an estimate on a lot of work that we need to have done and we got that scheduled for this week.  I took care of some cleaning I wanted to get done in the kitchen. Got some orders shipped out. Had lunch with my dad and his wife and ran some errands. 

On Thursday morning, I woke up with a horrendous headache, some sinus congestion, body aches, and chills.  I was definitely sick.  And not at all happy about this development. I had things I planned to knock off my to-do list on the last two days of the week and now I didn't feel like doing any of it.

My top priority now was to find somewhere that I could get scheduled for a Covid test.  Not as simple as it sounds since cases of omicron are sky-high where I live.  Fortunately, I was able to get a drive-thru test at CVS on Friday morning.  I received my results on Saturday which were negative. Thank goodness!  I dodged that bullet (this time) I was also negative for both strains of flu.   

I'm still not feeling super great thanks to this cold or sinus infection, or whatever it is. I'm sad because we were supposed to go over to our daughter's house to celebrate the grandkid's birthday on Sunday.  That didn't seem like a great idea under the circumstances.  I don't need to be taking any germs over to them.  But, I also feel fortunate that it's not Covid and that a few more days of rest and fluids should take care of that. 

I can't help but think of the old expression: "We plan; God laughs".  Sometimes, life gives us a minor illness that forces us to rest when we would rather be checking items off our to-do list.  

Hopefully, I'll be feeling 100% better and ready to tackle my goals for this week.

  • File sales tax for Etsy shop
  • Complete and ship open orders
  • Finish 2 Easter items for the shop
  • Write 3 blog posts
  • Clean our linen closet
What are your plans for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!