Saturday, January 1, 2022

My One Word: Abundance

It's that time of year again.  As 2021 has turned the page to 2022, everyone is setting resolutions and goals for the new year.  I'm not much for resolutions.  It's not that I don't like making them - I love new year resolutions! It's that I never keep them.  This is why several years ago I stopped making resolutions and started selecting one word each year to guide me throughout the year.  

For 2022, that word is "Abundance".



I always feel like I don't have to think much about picking the word. Most years a word just keeps coming up again and again, pressing into my heart and mind until I recognize it as the word for the next year. This year the word started as "more", but then as I began thinking about what that would look like for the year - it began to shift toward "abundant".



This word has the potential to be a bit tough for me. I often think from a mindset of scarcity or frugality. So to live life with an attitude of abundance is going to take a bit of a paradigm shift.

For me, abundance isn't about wealth (or not just about wealth). Abundance is about living life with my mind, my heart, and my arms open to receive the overflowing of the abundant life that God promises and all the good things that brings.

An abundance of joy and love. 

An abundance of health. 

An abundance of strength - in mind, body, and spirit 

An abundance of faith that God will provide beyond my wildest expectations. 

An abundance of creativity for creating new content for the blog and items for my Etsy shop.

An abundance of gratitude for all that I have.

Abundance means believing that what I have is enough and being secure enough in that to openly share the overflow with others that are in need. 

So, here's to 2022 - the year of abundance!

Do you select a word for the year? If so, tell me yours in the comments.  Or share what abundance means to you. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!