Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 2023

 It's August, y'all - and you know what that means.  It's almost fall!  Sure, there's still over a month until the official start of my favorite season.  And if you live in the southern portion of the US, It's going to feel like summer for a while yet.  But, once August arrives, I find myself starting to long for cooler days, colorful leaves, and all things pumpkin. But first - we have August.


July was a challenging month for our family. Most of the things we faced aren't my stories to tell, so I'm not going to go into details. Fortunately the month ended on a high note. The Man of the House had a work conference in California,  so I tagged along and we took a few extra days to do some sight seeing.

This month we'll be celebrating my dad's birthday. Every birthday is special. But ever since his heart attack and surgery in 2019, each one we get celebrate with my father is even more precious to me.

I haven't set a reading list for August.  Instead, I'll do a little mood reading - just whichever books strike my fancy. I have a few books that my daughter loaned me, as well as more than a few that have been on my nightstand forever. The plan is to work through some of those this month.

There are some major changes coming to our home in August.  We're scheduled to have new windows installed throughout the entire house, followed by new siding and gutters. I am so excited. These renovations have been a long time coming and are really going to change the look of our home!  

Scaling back my goals and to-do lists worked out nicely for July. I'm going to continue working on and refining this new system. Keeping things simple certainly made it easier to accomplish the things on my list. It also helped when plans needed to be changed for various reasons.

My goals for August:

  • Complete sweater I am making for myself
  • Add 6 new items to Etsy shop
  • Launder all window treatments
  • Schedule vet appointment for dog
What are your plans for August?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!