Monday, August 7, 2023

Renew

My One Word for 2023 is Explore. In the spirit of exploration, I made the decision not to stop at one word this year - but to also have a word for each month.

During August, I am exploring the word Renew.


August has always felt like a time of new beginnings to me.  A good month for reflection, refreshing, and renewal.

As we prepare for a new season, we may look to refresh our wardrobe, personal appearance, or home decor.

Children begin preschool or kindergarten, and older ones head off to college leaving behind an empty nest and as parents, we find ourselves facing a new season of life.

It's a month that's perfect for setting new goals, or refreshing your commitment to ones you made earlier in the year.

As for me, this month I will be:

- Taking a hard look at my Etsy shop and reevaluating things. I think it's time for some changes to renew my passion for my work. It may be time for some changes and perhaps some rebranding.

-  Renewing my commitment to healthier habits. In the month of July, my attempts at healthier eating took a bit of a downward spiral. (I'm looking at you birthday cakes, airport food, Disney snacks, room service, and In and Out burger!) It's time to get back on track and stay the course.

- Refreshing and renewing my skincare routine. As my skin matures, and deal with the changes of menopause, I'm not feeling like what I have been doing is entirely working for me any longer. So, I'm trying something new. 

- Renewing the look of our home. Our house was built in the1970s, and it's fair to say that it is showing it's age. We're scheduled to have all new windows installed this week. Once that's completed, it will be time to put up new siding and gutters. Then, we're looking at building a new deck, probably this fall.

Is there an area of your life that could use some renewing in the month of August?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!