Wednesday, August 30, 2023

So Long, August

August is drawing to a close and we're about to head into the "ber" months. I know some people aren't quite ready to see the end of summer. But, I am personally looking forward to cooler temperatures, longer nights, and cozy clothing. 

I started August by playing catch up after being gone for the last week in July. And it felt like I stayed a little bit behind for most of the month. 

During the second week of August, we had our new windows and patio doors installed. We've been waiting months for this to finally happen. There were a few hiccups with the installation - two windows were the wrong size and have to be reordered, and there are some issues with one of the doors, so they are also ordering a replacement for that.  But for the most part, it is done. And once the corrections are completed the final step of new siding and gutters can begin!

That was the same week that my youngest sister came to visit.  We always have a great time together.  Not only is she my baby sister, but she's one of my best friends.  At one point during her visit, we were laughing so hard in the greeting card aisle at Target that I could hardly catch my breath. We can have fun and adventures together, but we're also comfortable just sitting in the same room, quietly reading.

Our dad's 77th birthday  was on the 10th. We celebrated with a dinner at his house that following weekend. There was lots of good food and even more laughter.

The Man of the House and I drove down to Atlanta to attend the preseason football game between the Falcons and the Cincinnati Bengals.  As you may remember,  we have a goal to attend a game at every NFL stadium in the country. This marked Mercedes-Benz Stadium off our list. And what a stadium it is! The nicest one we have visited, so far. Before heading home the next day, we had brunch at Atlanta Breakfast Club (chicken and waffles- yum!) and visited The World of Coke. 

The heatwave that hit western North Carolina at the end of this month was trying. This peri-menopausal body doesn't tolerate the heat very well.  Not that I ever did, but it's worse now than ever before.  Thank goodness the window installation was mostly complete and the a/c was functioning! 

How was your August?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!