Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 25

“What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, I did it for your sakes in the presence of Christ.” ~ 2 Corinthians 2:10

Day 25: Love forgives

Unforgiveness is like a prison. But not a prison for those who have hurt us. Not a prison for those who have wronged us. Not a prison for those who have wronged us. The only one held captive by our failure to forgive – is us. We are trapped by the bitterness and anger we hold onto.

Freedom is within our reach. We just have to let go of the hate, the pain, the anger, and offer forgiveness.

We may feel the person doesn’t deserve forgiveness. We may feel they owe us an apology. We may think they need to pay for what they have done. We don’t want to let them off the hook.

Forgiveness isn’t about absolution of blame.

It isn’t about leaving yourself open to more hurt.

It isn’t about forgetting what happened or pretending it didn’t hurt us.

It’s not about winning or losing.

It is about letting go. Letting go of the anger and the responsibility of judgment and making someone pay – and releasing it to God.

“Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.’ Says the Lord.” ~ Romans 12:19

TODAY’S DARE: WHATEVER YOU HAVEN’T FORGIVEN OF YOUR MATE, FORGIVE IT TODAY. LET IT GO. JUST AS WE ASK JESUS TO “FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS” EACH DAY, WE MUST ASK HIM TO HELP US “FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS” EACH DAY AS WELL. UNFORGIVENESS HAS BEEN KEEPING YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE IN PRISON TOO LONG. SAY FROM YOUR HEART, “I CHOOSE TO FORGIVE.”

I thought and thought about today's dare - and honestly could not come up with a single thing! Not one tiny hurt for which I need to forgive the man of the house. 

I did pray for God to examine my heart and show me any areas where I might be harboring some anger or bitterness and to give me a forgiving heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!