Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 28

“He laid down his life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers” ~ 1 John 3:16 (HCSB)


Day 28: Love makes sacrifices

When life is hard; we feel it. When we are inconvenience; we pout. When we feel deprived; we complain. When we feel mistreated; we want sympathy. When we feel unappreciated; we want sulk. When we feel overwhelmed;we want help.

But what about when others feel the same? If our spouse feels inconvenienced, deprived, mistreated, unappreciated, or overwhelmed, do we notice? Or do we think he is over-reacting, having a bad attitude, or being a cry baby?

When our spouse is stressed, overworked, or worried – we should notice and step in to support him and help when needed. Even without being asked.

Sometimes this means saying “no” to what we want and saying “yes” to what our spouse needs. Setting yourself aside and making him a priority. Turning your attention to his needs and giving him your focus and support.

When was the last time you asked “How can I help?”

If your spouse feels overwhelmed, unappreciated, or burdened – make the situation a shared effort. Take up part of your spouse’s burden to help lighten his load. Be ready and willing to make sacrifices for his needs.

TODAY’S DARE: WHAT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST NEEDS IN OUR SPOUSE’S LIVE RIGHT NOW? IS THERE A NEED YOU COULD LIFT FROM THEIR SHOULDERS TODAY BY A DARING ACT OF SACRIFICE ON YOUR PART? WHETHER THE NEED IS BIG OR SMALL, PURPOSE TO DO WHAT YOU CAN TO MEET THE NEED.

Oy… ok… I know I get so wrapped up in my own to-do list and my own stuff that I often don’t stop to take notice of how the man of the house is doing or if he needs my help or support. And dang it.. it just always seems so calm, collected, and capable.  It's easy to forget that he may need some kindness, support, or help!

I am trying to make more of an effort to show an interest in what’s going on with him, and to talk with him about his work and such. And also to just pay attention to his moods and attitudes so I can react and act on his needs.

“Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ” ~ Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!