Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spring Followup And Looking Ahead to Summer

Spring sprung, and moved on.  Summer is here at last!  Let's begin by revisiting the Spring To-Do list and seeing how things went as to marking items off .  Shall we? 

  • Visit NC Arboretum to see all the Spring flowers in bloom
  • Go to tailgate market to purchase some fresh Spring veggies
  • Read outside
  • Spend more time on back porch (in my defense - there was a porch painting project, which turned into a major porch overhaul project.  The porch is still in progress and hasn't exactly been accessible for sitting out and relaxing)
  • Start an herb garden
  • Clean windows - inside and out
  • Hike!  It was our May "Date of the Month"!!
  • Give my self a bright Spring-like pedicure  First it was Mother's Day pedis with my mom and the female offspring.  Then I gave myself a beautiful Tiffany blue pedi. 
  • Dine outside  Between waterfall and mountain top picnics and sharing a meal while watching Shakespeare in the Park - the man of the house and I had this one covered.  :0)
  • Eat my weight in jelly beans   Ok... in all honesty, I don't think I managed to eat my actual weight, but I made a very valiant attempt at it! 
  • Walk outside more and on treadmill less I have enjoyed getting outside and walking the trail at the park with the Man of the House.  Nice change from the monotony of the treadmill.
  • Buy sidewalk chalk. Make a mural (or write love notes to the Man of the House) on the driveway This was a fun way to spend some time with the grandbaby one afternoon!
  • Color Easter eggs with the family
  • Fill a vase with fresh flowers Three times! Once with some pretty spring flowers the grand baby brought me, once with beautiful Mother's day roses from the Man of the House, and once with some lovely wildflowers the male offspring picked for me!
  • Go berry picking Fresh blueberries at my dad's house - YUM!
  • Make a new wreath or other decoration for front door
Petty much a mixed bag.  A little over half the things I wanted to do were accomplished.  Seems like a win to me.  And there is still an entire glorious summer in front of me!  Heres what I would very much like to accomplish this summer.

  • Finish up redecorating projects in office/guest room and the male offspring's room
  •  Hike!
  • Get rid of another 10 pounds
  • Take part in my first 5k
  • Make new decoration for front door
  • Create the gallery wall in entry
  • Pick wildflowers
  • Make homemade ice cream
  • Complete Adult Summer Reading program at library
  • Finish sewing pillow covers for living room throw pillows
  • Spend a day outside relaxing and reading

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping in from Unite. You are my neighbor. I'm loving the great blue nail colors this year. I'm about to get mine done in that color. I still have the NC Arboretum on my list. I hear it's great. Nothing brightens up your day like fresh flowers in the home. We just love them here. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done and lots more to do. I hope you post pics of the home decor projects. Enjoy your day!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!