Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm Not Writing

Seriously... I'm not writing.

Nothing.

My blog posts have gone down hill.  My journal sits blank for days at a time.  And my "creative" writing journal?  Ha!!

credit - publicdomainpictures.net


I'm trying.  Really.  I'm making something that resembles an effort. I open up a fresh blog post and look at it.  I open my journal...and am lucky to get a line or two before I just feel blank.  Or my focus wanders off in another direction.

 I don't know what's wrong with me.  My writing just feels - off.

Now, to be fair to myself - I've been quite off since the time change took place.  Or maybe turning another year older that weekend hit me harder than I realize.  But I've been tired pretty early in the evenings, but still find it difficult to drag myself out of bed in the early mornings.

And I've been feeling a bit sick off and on since late last week.  Especially over this past weekend when I was fighting off a yucky cold.

But, c'mon.

And yes - I know it's normal to go through ups and downs when it comes to writing.  But this time it's not even a lack of inspiration or ideas.  I've got those.  Plenty of them! I just can't seem to make them go anywhere.

I just keep waiting for the flood gates to open and the words to come pouring out!
 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Just go with it. Take care of yourself and enjoy reading your books. You will write again. Hey, maybe you need a break so you can shop for Christmas and enjoy your loves. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!