Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Couple of Weeks Gone By

I am now about 3 weeks into this whole "being healthier and getting the cholesterol" thing.  And the honest to goodness truth is - it's harder than I thought it would be.  I think I have a  problem when it comes to sweets and junk.  Not kidding here. 

I'm trying.  Really, I am.  And over all I would say I am doing better.  Not great yet, but better.  There have been a few things which made it very challenging for me.  For example, the grand baby's birthday cupcakes.  Who turns down a chocolate cupcake?  Apparently, not me. 

My water drinking has been down this week.  If I don't stay on top of that, it is very easy to let it slip and then get to the end of the day to realize I haven't even had half of what I should. 

photo - publicdomainpictures.net

There have also been some small victories.  On Superbowl Sunday I limited myself to a veggie and hummus wrap, a few baked chips, and the veggie tray for snackies.  And I did refrain from ordering the mocha frappucino and chocolate croissant I really wanted at Starbucks the other day and ordered just a nonfat latte. 

Small steps lead to big changes.  That's what I keep trying to convince myself. 

Today:  February 6
Start Weight: 167.8 lbs
Weight Today: 163.6
 This week I exercised: none
Steps walked:  19707 (forgot to put on FitBit Sunday, which is sad because we went to Sam's and the grocery store.  Missed all those steps!)


My goals for Week 4:
*  Drink enough water
*  Wear FitBit daily
*  Increase daily step totals to at least 5000 per day
*  Exercise at least 3 days

post signature

5 comments:

  1. But....you're down over 4 pounds!! Celebrate that, girlfriend!! ;-) I understand about the water. When I started this journey last September....for the 1,000th time in my life....I started drinking water like crazy and now I find I crave it! HOPE for a better week this week....but you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet encouragement. It really does mean a lot to me

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the sweet encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. Way to go!!! You're doing great and you should be so happy with your work. I'm doing good on my water (today).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! I appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!