Friday, February 6, 2015

Five Great Crock Pot Recipes for Cold Weather

I am all about cooking in the crock pot.  It prevents having to turn on the oven and heat the kitchen up during the summer months.  And it's perfect for making delicious soups, chili, and stews which give the house a warm, cozy "homey" smell and feel during the colder months of the year.

Over time I have found a few big winners which my family has approved - giving them a permanent place in my recipe folder. (and yes... a few failed experiments - but that's not what this post is about)

1)  Crockpot Gumbo
Spicy, warm, and de-li-cious!  I used to make gumbo on the stove top.  But I finally came up with a version for the crock pot.  Just as yummy - and super easy to toss together.

2)  Creamy White Chicken Chili
The family loves a good chili.  (in fact, this is the first of two which made it to this list!)  This recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen is a delightful change from the typical tomato based chili.

3)  Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
Several members of my family have voted this recipe from Creme de la Crumb "The best soup I have ever eaten".  Seriously... it's just that good. Even the pickiest eater in the house keeps requesting it!

4)  My Basic Chili Recipe
 This recipe is written for stove top preparation.  But once the meat is browned, all the ingredients can be tossed in the crock pot and left on low for a minimum of 4 hours.  You'll have a warm and yummy chili waiting for you at the end of a long, cold day.


5)  Crockpot Roasted Chicken
I love a good chicken dinner as much as anyone.  But it always just seemed like so much work to make a whole roast chicken.  Not so!  Especially if the crock pot is doing most of the work for you!

(recipes are available at the original source for all these dishes by clicking the names)
 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!