Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What A Weekend!

This past weekend was - for lack of a better word - Amazing! 

On Friday evening, the Man of the House, the Male Offspring and I went out for some Mexican food.  And it was oh-so-yummy!  Not much wrong with a delicious bean and cheese burrito and a frozen margarita.

Saturday was a BIG day for our family.  Our beautiful daughter officially graduated from college!!  She was technically done back in December, but this weekend was the graduation ceremony. 
We are so proud of her.  There were a few bumps in the road - like having a baby.  But she kept at it and is now our very own computer engineer.  Now she's considering going back to take the few classes she would need to also complete her electrical engineering degree. 




After the ceremony, we took her and her fellas out for dinner to celebrate. 



Sunday was - of course - Mother's Day.  And my family made me feel extra special. 

The Man of the House made me a lovely brunch of breakfast sandwiches, bacon, strawberries, orange juice, and coffee.  There were lovely cards, gift cards to some of my favorite stores, and some chocolate. 

The female offspring and the grand kid dropped by and brought me a beautiful peppermint and lavender scented soy candle which she made, a card drawn special for me by the grand kid, and a Starbuck's Frappuccino! 



The Male Offspring made my requested dinner of blue cheese burgers and steak fries.  Yummy!

After dinner I took a relaxing bath with the candle from the Female Offspring, and some bath products handcrafted by Southern Belle Soaps and Bath - located right here in North Carolina.  Her soaps are my new obsession! 

Yes, it was a grand weekend.  Although I did eat entirely too much food.  But... worth it! 

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend also.  Did you do anything fun?


2 comments:

  1. My Mother's Day was really nice. I'm not a big fan of designated holidays, but this year didn't disappoint. Glad you had a great weekend! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beckey!!!

    Sounds like an amazing weekend for sure! Congratulations to your beautiful daughter, that's quite an accomplishment, especially with a new baby!

    I'm so glad you had a happy Mother's Day. Don't you just love getting spoiled?!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!