Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday Favorites: Good Taste

Yesterday I made chili for dinner.  Which seems like an odd choice for June.  I usually reserve it more as a cold weather meal.  But, for some reason, when I made the menu for last week it just seemed like a good idea to have chili one night.  And wouldn't you know it - by dinner time the weather was cool and rainy.  A perfect chili night!

The lesson?  Always listen to that little voice inside. It knows what it's talking about!



Besides the yummy chili, a few other tasty things crossed my path this week:

Um... have y'all tried these?  Because - Oh. My. Goodness.  They are so, so yummy.  I finally found an M&M to replace the great void left when I could no longer enjoy the peanut ones.  If you like M&M's and caramel - go get a pack.  Like, right NOW!  The only problem I have with them?  They don't perform well on ice cream.  The caramel freezes up and gets too hard to chew. Otherwise... yum!




Earlier this week I tried this recipe from Moms With Crockpots.  It is so simple to make, but tastes like you spend hours over a hot stove.  The mushroom gravy turned out better than I imagined it would.  We enjoyed it served over brown rice with some green beans on the side.  And I am sure it will become part of my regular recipe rotation!





I wouldn't suggest eating this one, even though it is made from edible/food items.  Though, I guess it could be called "food for your skin".  I found this on Pinterest, but unfortunately the link indicated in the pin takes you to a skin care product company and I can find no reference to the masque on their website.  But regardless of that - I have tried this a few times and I am so happy with it!  My skin feels so clean and soft after I use the treatment.


Have you discovered any tasty treats recently?  Share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beckey!

    Love your, Friday Favorites. I need to use my crockpot a little more often...the chicken and mushrooms looks delish!! I'm going to try the honey a dcbaking soda mask. It seems like warm weather always takes a toll on my skin.

    Oh.my.gosh, I love M&M's! Who knew they had caramel!? I'm on a diet (Eeekkk), but I still need to try these!

    Have a great weekend, thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!