Friday, June 2, 2017

Currently... June 2017

June has arrived!  (Which means we are almost half way through 2017!)  Around here the days getting hotter and longer. This month brings Father's Day and the beginning of summer.  But not much else.  Which is perfectly fine by me.  I need a breather after the busyness of May! 





Reading:  The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks - a book recommended to me by my father.   I'm also reading/studying my way through Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.   

Eating:  A little better.  Lots of fruits and veggies. Drinking more water.  May involved a lot of eating out and more than a few barbecue ribs, so I'm trying to make up for all that indulgence.

Working On:  A LOT of crocheted washcloths!  I was blessed with a large wholesale order, and right now working on completing that is taking up most of my time.

Enjoying:  Getting ready for summer!  Between the Male Offspring and the Man of the House, my porch furniture has been cleaned and waterproofed.  We found a good deal on a nice big umbrella to replace the one which was damaged in a storm last year.  I have filled the hummingbird feeder.  And I want to get a new lantern and some plants.  Then I'm ready for a little reading and crocheting outside while enjoying the fresh air.

Anticipating:  So many summer activities:  Spending some weekend evenings at Antler Hill Village on the Biltmore Estate listening to live music.  Our upcoming vacation.  We've reserved a cabin on the lake, and I'm looking forward to some lazy days on the water and a little sight-seeing.  Oh... and seeing the Wonder Woman movie! 

Feeling:  Hmmm, well - Tired.... Happy...  And a little bloated.

What are you up to as June begins?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!