Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Favorites: In The Summertime

It's summertime and the livin' is... well,  really freaking hot!!  Anything approaching 80 degrees is too hot for this gal.  90 and above days make me feel pretty much like this...

And that makes me very grateful for being able to stay inside with the air conditioning running and hide from the heat!

I really shouldn't complain.  I know other parts of the country have had it much worse than we have here.  My sister sent me a picture from her car the other day showing the outside temp as 105 degrees.  YIKES!!

Despite the summer heatwaves, there are still plenty of things about the season to enjoy.  Here are a few of my favorites:




Seasonal Summer Fruit:  Oh, how I love all the fresh, flavorful fruit of summertime!  The watermelon, the peaches, the cherries and all the various berries make my mouth and tummy so very happy!  I think I could probably survive on fresh fruit and ice cream during these warm weather months and be very content doing it.





Summer dresses:  Let's be honest.  I love a dress any time of year - but, especially during the summer months.  They're so easy, breezy and comfortable to wear.



Summer Vacations:  A vacation is another one of those things that you can enjoy any time of year.  But there's something special about the summer vacation.  I especially enjoy a get away where I can relax next to a natural body of water and do nothing all day long.


What are your favorite things about the summertime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!