Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday Favorites: The Perfect Jeans

Sometimes they seem as elusive as the fountain of youth or the Loch Ness monster.  I'm talking about the perfect pair of jeans.


I spent so many frustrating hours trying on pair of jeans after pair of jeans.  Until the day I finally found my holy grail of jeans - completely by accident.

These are my favorite pair of jeans:



They're from Banana Republic.  Which means that when brand new they were about $100.  Noooo.. I didn't pay that much.  I found mine at the thrift store for about $5.  (Score!)  They fit like a dream.  They hug in the right places and are relaxed in all the right places.  They are broken in to that perfect level of comfort.

I adore these jeans.

Unfortunately, two things happened...

Number one:  I started packing on the pounds and haven't been able to wear them for over a year.  Sad.  But, for some reason I held on to them.  I just couldn't bring myself to part with them.

Now that I am losing the weight with Weight Watchers, I tried them on a couple of weeks ago.  I could get them on.  Not comfortably.  But they were on, and they were zipped.  Almost there.  I'm looking forward to the day I am able to fit into them again.  (Until I lose enough weight that they don't fit again.  This time because they'll be too big.

Second:  I love these fabuloso jeans so much that I had decided that when I reached my goal weight I might just have to treat myself to a brand new pair.  However, when I checked the Banana Republic website they don't seem to have this style anymore.  Extra sad.

Which means that at some point in the not so distant future my search for the new perfect pair of jeans will continue.

Have you found your perfect pair of jeans yet?



1 comment:

  1. My favorite pair are Levi's. Like you I just try on pair after pair and these fit well and are SO comfortable! I'd wear them every day if I could. They're around $50 so I buy one at a time and wear them until they die, then I buy another pair. I'm glad you'll be able to wear yours again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!