Friday, August 2, 2019

Currently... August 2019

This year is flying by!!  In just over 2 months we will be celebrating the wedding of the Female Offspring.  In just under 3 months,  I will turn the big 5-0.  Once my birthday rolls around, it always seems as if the rest of the year is just a blur!    But for now, I plan to spend this month enjoying my last few weeks with the grand kid before he goes back to school.




Reading:  Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak (author of The Book Thief).  Later this month I plan to read either Great Expectations or Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for my Before 50 list.

Celebrating:  This is a relatively quiet month for us.  The only celebration this month is my dad's birthday on the 10th.

Working On:  Still working on my office.  I have been steadily plugging away at it, and now it's almost done. There some detail things, like a lot of paper work that needs to be sorted/organized/shredded.  And some final organizing details - mostly sewing and craft stuff that needs purged.

Enjoying:  Trying new Weight Watchers recipes.  I have tried several off the app and website and haven't found one that I don't like yet.  Even the Man of the House and the Male Offspring have liked them.

Wanting:  Ice cream.  And donuts.  Or both.  Generally, all the things I try to limit or avoid now that I am determined to lose the weight.  Once I reach a certain milestone I will give myself a little treat.  But until then, I will continue to be strong.  (unless anyone has a secret for removing all the calories from my favorite foods?)

Needing:  I started Weight Watchers at the beginning of July.  So far, I am down over 10 pounds.  Now I need to incorporate more activity into my routine to help keep things moving in the right direction.

Making:  It must be washcloth and exfoliating bath puff season!  I have a steady flow of orders for both.  When I have a moment between orders, I am trying to work on new ready to ship dishcloth sets, especially for fall and I will soon be starting on Christmas items.

Feeling:  Alternately good and frustrated with my weight loss journey.  I keep reminding myself that it is just that - a journey.  Every journey has twists and turns, ups and downs.

Anticipating:  NFL preseason starts this month.  Which means that the regular season is just around the corner!  You may know by now that I am a big fan of football, especially the Carolina Panthers.  The Man of the House and I are making plans to attend a few games this year.  We already have tickets for the Panthers home opener against the Rams.  Now we're looking at making a trip to Cleveland to see his Browns play.

What is your life looking like during August?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!