Monday, August 19, 2019

When Goals Aren't The Priority

I didn't accomplish any of my goals last week. And I am more than OK with that.

I had plans.  Goals I wanted to reach.  They were written down.  I had followed all my best tips. I was prepared to make things happen. 




But, you see - last week was also the grand kid's last week of summer vacation.  And our last chance to spend several days a week together for a while. That was time I wanted to make count.

So... My goals for dropped far down in my list and he became the top priority.

We finished reading The Tale of Despereaux together.  We went on a movie date.  We played games and watched cartoons.  We went and had lunch with The Man of the House.  We joined up with his mom during her lunch break to go to his school and meet his new teacher.  

So... no.  I didn't get around to that list of goals I had.  And it was worth it.  Because some the are more important than the to-do list.  

Now, that cutie pie is headed back to school.  I have my days all to myself.  I can get back to crushing my goals.

My goals for this week are:

  1. Ship 3 orders for Etsy shop
  2. Start planning social media posts for September
  3. Write 3 new blog posts
  4. Meditate everyday


Did you meet your goals last week?  What's on your To Do list this week?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!