Monday, August 5, 2019

Weekly Goals: Need To vs Want To

Last week was another good week.  Did I mark everything off my to-do list?  No.  Did I accomplish my top 3 priorities? Let's have a look...


  • Complete and mail 2 orders  Check! ✔
  •  Create September graphics for the blog  Not completely, but I made a good start on them.
  •  File sales tax for Etsy shop  Check! ✔  (whew...)

This is exactly why it is so important to prioritize your goals!  You may not have time to accomplish everything you would like, but you know that the really important things are being completed.  First things, first.

When setting goals, separate your need to do items from your want to do items.  Need to do's should come first.  You may even have to prioritize the need-to's.  For example,
I needed to complete 2 orders if I want to stay on schedule and get all my orders shipped out on time.  I wanted to create September graphics for the blog, but I knew I have some wiggle room on that since it's only the beginning of August.  But, if I hadn't filed my sales taxes with the state by the last day of July - that could spell big trouble!  Which is why it was the top priority in my list of goals for last week. 




I don't get to babysit the grand kid this week, so I am hoping to get a lot of work done.  Especially on orders for the shop, pre-planning for the blog, and maybe finally complete the work in my office.  All of that would be nice.  But, here are my priorities for the week:

  • Complete and mail 2 orders for the Etsy shop
  • Take photos for Etsy shop
  •  Create Sunday Inspiration posts for next month


Did you meet your goals last week?  What's on your To Do list this week?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!