Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I Have Doubts

It's not something many people will openly admit.  But maybe we should. Maybe we need to confess this to each other so that we don't feel so alone - even guilty.  So, here it goes.

Sometimes I doubt God.



There are times when I doubt that God really hears me.  Although I know he does.

I wonder sometimes how God could possibly love me.  Surely,  I have displeased or disappointed Him in so many ways that can't be true.  But I know it is.

I wonder if maybe I am not worthy to have my prayers answered. Maybe I don't deserve to have the abundant life that God promises.  I know it's not true.  I know He is working all things for good.  I know this.

And yet... I still find myself doubting sometimes.




I believe that we all feel this way sometimes.  God knows it.  Even if we won't admit it to others, ourselves, or Him.  My doubts don't make Him any less consistent, good, merciful or just - and, most importantly, He doesn't love me any less.  Even when I have doubts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!