Friday, July 2, 2021

Currently... July 2021

Happy July!  Time for some cookouts, ball games, vacations, and fireworks!  Whether you have all, only some, or none of these things planned for this month - I hope you are going to have a wonderful July.  

June just felt a little "off" to me, if that makes any sense.  I was about 50/50 on goals.  Except for a few little details, the office is finally cleaned out and mostly organized.  I'm not done with my crochet top, but all I have left is joining the pieces and washing/blocking.  I did update my Etsy about page and a few listings. And I cleaned out the pantry.  I didn't do 15 minutes of physical activity a day, because... well - I'm lazy.

What's my July looking like?  Well, since you asked...



Working On: I've been creating new items to list in my Etsy shop.  It's been a while since I had time to work on anything other than made-to-order requests.  I reduced the number of the "pick your color" listings that were made to order and now I am working on some new soap savers, dishcloth, and washcloth sets.  Soon I'll start some gift sets to have available for the holiday season.

Celebrating: July is one of those somewhat busy months for our family.  We've got the 4th of July this weekend.  My youngest niece has a birthday and then 6 days later is our daughter's birthday.  

Wanting/Needing: A better plan for becoming more physically active.  I said I was going to do daily physical activity last month but it didn't happen.  I believe I need to be more specific than just "some physical activity"  I need an actual activity or exercise and a schedule.

Eating:  The summer fruit frenzy continues.  I don't know what the difference is, but the watermelons this year have been so good! I am also starting to try eating more salads for lunch.  One that I especially enjoy is a simple salad of greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, garbanzo beans, and feta with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Loving: Baking with the grandkid.  We made some cookies with shark sprinkles before he went to the beach.  This week we made some 4th of July cupcakes. He likes baking, especially when I let him crack the eggs.  I like that it is an activity he enjoys other than watching tv or playing video games. 

Thinking About:  Over the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking a lot about prayer.  More specifically, my own prayer life.  How I pray, when I pray, how I can strengthen and improve my prayer life, etc. 

Goals for July: 

  • Walk 30 minutes a day for 30 days
  • Finish crochet top
  • Add at least 15 new listings to the Etsy shop
  • Preschedule Sunday Inspiration posts for the rest of the year
  • Create Thankful Thursday posts for the rest of the year that will just need to be completed weekly
How are things looking for you as we move into July?

2 comments:

  1. July for me will be all about work. We've completely opened back up again and events are in full force! This week we begin setting up and decorating for VBA. (Along with all our usual activities and services.) This weekend is a memorial and for the first time in 18 months, a reception afterward. Then an all-church event in the Sanctuary late Sunday night and then hundreds of kids arrive Monday morning for VBA! That finishes on Thursday with a big family event in the parking lot with food and inflatables, then the following night is a 2 day Promise Keepers event... I can't decide if I'm excited things are back to normal or if I'm already exhausted just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exhausted just reading that! I pray you also find time for some much needed rest.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!