Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thankful Thursday: July 8, 2021

Sometimes something that seems so terrible when it's happening can give us so much to give thanks for once it's over.   On the fourth of July, I was woken up by a phone call telling me that my dad had been taken to the ER with chest pains.  I was immediately having flashbacks to that day almost two years ago when we nearly lost him to a heart attack before he underwent a triple bypass.  Fortunately, it wasn't a heart attack this time.  His heart cath did show a blockage in the fourth artery, which they were able to open with a stint.  He's now home and recovering well.  And if that isn't something to be thankful for - I don't know what is! 




I Am Thankful For:

The medicine for the dog is working

Goldfinches at the feeder

When you realize that it's not as late as you thought

Pork tacos

Baking cupcakes with the grandkid

The dogs meeting a new friend

Things that make me laugh

Long weekends

Having lunch with the Man of the House

Beautiful new yarn

Cute new accessories for the doggies

Taking a day trip with the Man of the House

Max finishing his medicine

French fries and a milkshake

Modern medicine

My dad is going to be ok

Fireworks

1 comment:

  1. What a scary phone call! I'm glad your dad is home and recovering.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!