Monday, November 1, 2021

Currently... November 2021

Happy Birthday to me!!  Yes, today is my birthday.  Which one, you ask?  Well, I don't mind telling you that this makes me 52 years old.  Although, I usually tell people that I don't have birthdays.  We just observe "Celebrate Beckey" day on November 1st.  That way, I don't get any older, but everyone can still acknowledge me and give me gifts if they want to do so.  

Remember when people in their 50's seemed so old?  I don't know, maybe you're young enough that they still do seem really old.  Trust me. we're not.  I may be 52, but (almost) every single day I still feel exactly the same as when I was 25.  A little wiser.  My back and hips hurt a little more often. But otherwise - the same. Sometimes I actually have to remember how old I am and it takes me by surprise.

My birthday always gets me thinking about goals and plans for the next year.  Evaluating how I have been doing with previous goals.  Considering where I want to go from here.  Do you do the same thing? 

Working On: Already thinking about goals for next year and first quarter plans for the blog and my Etsy shop.  I'm trying to be a little more proactive instead of waiting until the last minute to make plans and goals (like I was doing this weekend for November)

Celebrating: This week is all about my birthday.  Yep, that's right.  I get a whole week of birthday celebration.  From an afternoon with my daughter this past weekend, to lunch with my dad and his wife tomorrow to celebrating with my husband later this week.  Later this month we will celebrate our 29th anniversary and immediately afterward there's Thanksgiving.

Wanting/Needing: To clean out our chest freezer in the basement.  I can't find anything in there right now.  And while I am at it - the pantry closet is well overdue for a good purging and reorganization.  Both of those things are on my list of goals for this month.

Eating: I recently came into possession of an air fryer.  At the moment  I am obsessed with using it to cook fish!  In the past two weeks, I have tried swordfish (good!) and mahi-mahi (even better!) I can't wait to try salmon, and maybe some cod or tuna.

Loving: Thinking about the upcoming holidays.  I am getting excited about decorating the house for Christmas.  I am already planning how I want my coffee station and mantle to look this year. (spoiler alert - it's very much like last year) 

Goals for November:

  • Read 3 books
  • Clean out the chest freezer
  • Clean and re-organize pantry
  • Write 3 blog posts per week - 2 for that week and 1 for future posting
  • Plan and promo Before Black Friday sale for Etsy shop
  • Eat a healthy breakfast every day
  • Drink at least 64 oz of water
  • Reduce added sugar (exceptions for Birthday week and Thanksgiving weekend)


What are your plans and goals for November?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!