Wednesday, November 3, 2021

What I'm Reading Wednesday: The Quiet Girl

Have you ever read a book that was just completely messed up and insane - but in all the right ways?  For me, that book was The Quiet Girl by S. F. Kosa.


"When Alex arrives in Provincetown to patch things up with his new wife, he finds an empty wine glass in the sink, her wedding ring on the desk, and a string of questions in her wake. The police believe that Alex's wife simply left, his marriage crumbling before it truly began. But what Alex finds in their empty cottage points him toward a different reality:

His wife has always carried a secret. And now she's disappeared.

In his hunt for the truth, Alex comes across Layla, a young woman with information to share, who may hold the key to everything his wife has kept hidden. A girl without a clear recollection of her own past. A strange, quiet girl whose memories may break them all.

To find his wife, Alex must face what Layla has forgotten. And the consequences are anything but quiet.
" (description via GoodReads.com)

A lot was going on in this novel.  I mean, a lot!  For the first third of the book or so, I couldn't figure out what was going on.  OK, that's not true.  I knew exactly what was going on.  I just couldn't figure out how the two narratives were related.  Once that was cleared up,  I still found myself thinking "Wait... WHAT is going on here??" every few pages.  

I could have done without the entire portion involving Alex's work and the drama going on there.  I'm not sure what the point was or how it added to the story in any way.  For me, it just added a lot of unnecessary extra goings-on that distracted me from the main storyline and could have been left out.  

All in all,  there was plenty of suspense and twists to keep me guessing right up until the very end. Another case of "stayed up too late to finish this book". 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!