Tuesday, November 30, 2021

When Things Don't Go As Expected

I had an entire long weekend to plan and prepare, and yet - here I am - already running behind for this week. Which is why this should have been my Monday post, but instead, you're reading it on a Tuesday. 


It seems to happen to me a lot lately. I get distracted so easily. Or I just completely lose my train of thought and end up doing something that wasn't part of my original plan or to-do list. It's a whole thing. 

Speaking of things that don't go as expected.  Our Thanksgiving was smaller than expected.  The weekend before our daughter thought she was getting a nasty cold or a sinus infection.  On Monday she tested positive for Covid. And then, the grand kid started displaying some possible symptoms. So, she and her family weren't able to come for dinner on Thanksgiving. 

The grandkid was able to get an appointment for a test yesterday and he was positive.  So, even though he is already feeling better, he has to stay home from school this week.  His mom on the other hand has felt pretty terrible for an entire week.  Headache, congestion, no sense of smell or taste, exhaustion.  But fortunately, no fever, and her breathing has been ok.  Hopefully, she starts feeling much better soon.

We decorated the house for Christmas over the weekend.  Finally!  If it had been entirely up to me, the tree would have gone up the day after my birthday earlier this month. Sadly, the Man of the House and our son kept fighting me on that. So, I waited not so patiently until Thanksgiving had passed. 

Have you decorated for the holidays yet?


1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your daughter and her family getting covid. I hear it can be tough. I just started decorating this week. For years I'd decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving but then life changes and it seems I decorate later and later. I just came in from putting lights up outside. I bought a box of 300 lights thinking it would be easier than box after box but it was hard to handle all those lights at once and about 2/3 of the way through, half of them went out! I stood there for a minute testing each bulb and finally decided it wasn't worth it. I bunched the ones that weren't working all on one branch and continued on from there. Ugh. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!