Friday, April 29, 2022

Reflecting on April - and Ending on a Positive Note

  Y'all know that it has been a rough start to the year around here.  And, reflecting back on  April, it started out with more of the same.

The Man of the House went to California for a work thing the week before Easter.  And the Monday after Easter, he found out that two of the people he had been working with had both tested positive for Covid after getting home.  Fortunately, he tested negative with both an at-home and a lab test. (Thank goodness for the vaccine!)

I had a flare-up of carpal tunnel inflammation, which put me in a wrist brace for over a week.  Our oven started acting up two days before Easter.  We discovered that our washing machine was leaking.  And, worst of all - someone close to us got an upsetting medical diagnosis. 

I am happy to report that things do seem to have quieted down for the last two weeks of the month.  

The Man of the House was able to order a couple of parts and with a little engineering know-how and time, he fixed both the washer and the stove in a matter of days.  So thankful that we don't have to replace two major appliances at once!

I was able to spend time with the grandkid while he was on Easter/Spring break from school.  And he got his third straight A Honor Roll award for this school year. We're so proud of him!

I have been fighting to keep my head in a positive space, despite all the crazy things that have happened so far this year.  As I've said before, most of it wasn't huge crises - but it all starts to weigh on you and after a while, you can find yourself focusing on the negative rather than the blessings in your life.  And, trust me - if you take time to really look for them, the blessings almost always outnumber the bad stuff.

Besides my daily gratitude journaling, I have also tried to take a moment once a week or so to focus on things that I like about myself.   Here are a few of the things that I have come up with:

  • My blue eyes
  • My curly hair
  • My sense of humor 
  • My love of reading
  • My creativity
  • My curiosity
So... to send this month on a positive note - what's something you like about yourself? Share in the comments!



1 comment:

  1. "Fighting to keep your head in a positive space..." I understand completely. But, to keep this comment positive :) I like how you occasionally focus on things you like about yourself. I don't think I've ever done that before. Not in a 'thankful' way. I'll try to do that more often. Let's see, I like my... ability to keep long distance friendships. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!