Friday, April 1, 2022

Currently... April 2022

I had hoped that March would be calmer, but it was another doozy of a month!  

I felt like I spent most of the month in and out of medical offices.   I had a dental cleaning and an attempted root canal.  It was also the month for my regular labs and well check with my primary doctor, as well as my mammogram.  It was certainly a busy month, medically speaking.

The weather in March was a roller coaster ride.  We've had a little bit of everything.  Warm, sunny days.  Cold, wintery weather.  And some spring storms. Typical early Spring in western North Carolina. You never know what to expect. Even April can be iffy in some years.  

The grandkid has time off from school the week before Easter. That means I will get to spend some extra time with him that week.  I feel as if we have hardly seen each other in the past few months, so I am very much looking forward to this time together!

Working On: I've been working on some cleaning, purging, and reorganizing things around the house. Last month it was the master bathroom. This month I'm going to work on my closet and clothes. 

I am also having to work on some changes to the Etsy shop.  Unfortunately, I am going to have to make some price increases. I am very nervous about this.  I have been putting it off for a while, but with the increasing prices of supplies and shipping, I can't avoid it any longer.

Celebrating:  Let's see... There's Easter, of course.  And my "baby" sister's birthday is in April.

Wanting/Needing: I need some new sandals for summer.  Something cute, but also comfortable and not too flimsy. Or too chunky.  I would love something with a little bit of a wedge heel,  but nothing that I'm risking an ankle when I walk around in them.  And not costing an arm and a leg is a must.

Eating: I have been trying to eat more fish.  Before I would cook fish maaaybe once a week.  Sometimes.  I am now aiming for twice a week. Although often I am still only getting it in once a week.  But I decided that falling short of my goal and getting it once a week is better than none. I am also trying to eat more plant-based meals.  And more whole grains and leafy greens.

Loving: My coffee routine.  I have become absolutely spoiled when it comes to my morning coffee.  Now that I have a selection of sugar-free syrup flavors and my milk frother, I can whip up some tasty treats in the morning instead of the same ol' coffee with half and half.  It's delicious and I look forward to each almost every morning!


April Goals:

  • Purge and reorganize my closet
  • Read 3 books
  • Update Etsy shop with new prices
  • Walk stairs every day (April 3-9: 3 flights x 2, April 10-16: 4 flights x 2, April 17-23: 4 flights x 2, April 24-30: 5 flights x2)
  • Reorganize cotton yarns


What are your plans for April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!