Monday, April 11, 2022

Surprises

Y'all, I don't even know where to start. Last week was full of surprises.  Some were not so great. Some were welcome surprises. And one or two were... neutral, I guess.


The night before my follow-up appointment for my mammogram, the tooth that is awaiting extraction and an implant BROKE! I was eating, and suddenly felt something not right in the food so I spit it out. There was a piece of my tooth! It didn't hurt or anything, but there was a sharp jagged edge that I could constantly feel rubbing the inside of my cheek. Of course this happened after the office was closed for the day so it had to wait.  Next morning, before I left for the mammography office, I called and they worked me into the schedule for that afternoon.

My mammogram follow-up went pretty well. The calcifications have increased. But the changes are small and since the calcifications are tiny, they want to continue monitoring them for now. I go back in Six months to see if there are any further changes.

The appointment at the dentist was quick and painless. Since the tooth wasn't hurting or sensitive, she ground off the sharp edge to get me through until the appointment for the extraction and graft. I have been instructed to avoid chewing on it as much as possible, especially tough, hard, or crunchy foods. 

In other news, our yard is once again a hot bed of wildlife activity.  On at least two mornings we have had a huge wild turkey in our yard.  It is apparently mating season and he is looking to impress the ladies. The first morning he was here, he had two females with him (although they didn't seem to be paying much attention to his efforts woo them). 

I was also surprised to discover a white squirrel has started stealing from my bird feeders. I know we have white squirrels in the area. There's a town about 30 minutes from here that is quite proud of its white squirrel population and even has a White Squirrel Festival. But this us the first and only one we have ever seen around our house! It's been here for three mornings in a row, so I think maybe it's going to stick around.

Have you experienced any interesting surprises recently?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!