Monday, September 22, 2014

Three Things: I Like About Autumn

Autumn - it's almost official!!  Today is the last day of summer - so if you're a summer person, soak up every last minute of today.  I, however, am all about the Fall.  And I think the weather agrees with me, because it is bright, sunny, and cool here this morning.  Fall is my very favorite season (with spring following in a close second place).  

I can't imagine what's NOT to like about Autumn.  The leaves changing color!  Football season! The Man of the House and I both have Autumn birthdays!  But here are three of my favorite things about it:

1) Cooler Weather: I don't tolerate heat well.  And anything over 80 degrees is just TOO HOT.  I love the cooler nights and comfortable days that come with Autumn.  If I could find somewhere that the climate was like this all year - I would seriously consider moving!  Also, the cooler weather brings us to ...

2) Boots: I love wearing my boots.  Riding boots, high boots, ankle boots.  I think I own about 5 pairs right now.  I wear them with jeans.  With skirts.  With dresses.  I wear them pretty much all the time once the weather cools.  (I'm wearing them today!) Flip flops are all well and good - but give me my boots!


3) Anything Pumpkin!: Yep, I'm one of those crazy pumpkin people!  Carving them into jack o lanterns.  Pumpkin coffee.  Pumpkin cheese cake.  Pumpkin muffins.  Pumpkin pie.  Pumpkin bread.  Those little pumpkin candies they put out with the candy corn. I love pumpkin.  Funny thing is... it only tastes right between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.  Any other time of year, it's just... meh. 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love all things pumpkin, too. I cleaned out my pantry yesterday and discovered a couple of cans of pumpkin....the wheels are turning!!! ;-) HOPE you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, love this time of year, and anything pumpkin is so good, from drinks to baking. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!