Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Separation Anxiety

The dog is driving me crazy.

As the weather warms up, I find myself outside more - hanging out clothes, doing odd chores, checking out plants and garden potential, etc.  I would like to take the dog along with me; however, he is a naughty little, poorly trained canine.  If he is not on the leash - he will run off.  And holding onto a leash with one hand makes certain things difficult (if not impossible).  So he must stay inside.




He is not happy about this.


While I am outdoors, I can hear him indoors.  Barking in that high pitched, stressed out bark of his.  Whining.  Howling.  Anything to make his displeasure known. And he keeps it up the ENTIRE time I am outside.  No break.  No rest.  No “oh, she’s really not coming back inside right now - so all this noise is pointless”.  Nope, he just keeps going.  And going.  And going.

I know the dog has some separation anxiety when we leave him.  But this is ridiculous! 

Now I worry that when we leave the house for other things (shopping, church, etc), he is making this fuss the whole time we are gone! Is the entire community having to listen to this anytime we are not home? Are we those people with that dog? 

I’m not sure I want to know the answer to that.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Beckey, Reading your story reminds me of the troubles I went through with my own dog. It can be so frustrating and upsetting...for us and of course our dogs! A friend of mine had the same problem and she shared an ebook and audio with me that helped us both alot with our dogs. I thought to share it with you here in case it might help you out as well. You can read about it here and see if it's right for your situation... at http://curedoganxiety.com I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!