Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 34

"(Love) does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth" ~ 1 Corinthians 13:6


Day 34: Love celebrates godliness

This world is full of temptation.  Sometimes it seems as if nearly everything we encounter is designed to distort our thinking and lure us away from what is right and true.


Do you lead your spouse to worldly ideals - or toward God?

Do you encourage him in his walk with Jesus, or distract him from it?  Do you influence your spouse to honor God or dishonor Him? 

We should be encouraging our spouses and rejoicing in how God works to accomplish His plan for them and for our marriage.

TODAY'S DARE:  FIND A SPECIFIC, RECENT EXAMPLE WHEN YOUR SPOUSE DEMONSTRATED CHRISTIAN CHARACTER IN A NOTICEABLE WAY.  VERBALLY COMMEND THEM FOR THIS AT SOME POINT TODAY.

There is someone in our lives who isn't the easiest person to deal with.  They can be selfish, rude, and abrasive.  But I am constantly amazed at how the Man of the House always manages to treat this person with kindness and respect despite the way they can treat him (and others). 

And I told him that!  (A confession: I didn't do it verbally though.  He was at work and I sent him a text message because I wanted to do it right then and there while I was thinking about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!