Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 33

"If two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?" ~ Ecclesiastes 4:11

Day 33: Love completes each other

Marriage.

God created two similiar but different beings to compliment each other and work together as one.

Think of your body...

Two eyes.  You can see with just one - but have much clearer vision if both are working together

Two hands.  You can complete many tasks with one - but things go faster and more smoothly if both are working together.

Two feet.  You could get from one place to another hopping on one foot - but get there much more efficiently if both feet take you there.

Marriage is the same way! We can see more clearly, complete tasks, and get to our goals in a better, faster, more efficient way if both are working together- united.

Where one is weak; the other is strong.  Our uniqueness can work together to make us more effective as a team.

Don't try to do it all yourself!  Don't dismiss your spouse's perspectives just because they are different from your own.  Honor his individuality and how it works with your own to make both of you stronger and better when you work as one.

You need each other.  You complete each other.

TODAY'S DARE:  RECOGNIZE THAT YOUR SPOUSE IS INTEGRAL TO YOUR FUTURE SUCCESS.  LET THEM KNOW TODAY THAT YOU DESIRE TO INCLUDE THEM IN YOUR UPCOMING DECISIONS, AND THAT YOU NEED THEIR PERSPECTIVE AND COUNSEL.  IF YOU HAVE IGNORED THEIR INPUT IN THE PAST, ADMIT YOUR OVERSIGHT AND ASK THEM TO FORGIVE YOU.

I know that our strengths and weaknesses work well together.  I'm more likely to fly off the handle, while he is calm and patient.  I can deal with some of the things the offspring toss at us better, and he can manage others.  He can fix things around the house like a pro; me - not so much.  We make a great team.

However, I realize I am bad about discounting his perspective and counsel.  Oh, sure - I'll rant and rave and complain.  But when he tries to offer advice or ideas, I'm afraid I often shut down.  Because of course he just can't possibly understand what I'm really dealing with or going through.  Right?  Wrong! 

I need to do better about letting him be my support. Listening to his ideas support.  Giving them the consideration they deserve. And putting the full strength of our team to work!

"Put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity." ~ Colossians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!