Monday, January 18, 2016

A Good Weekend Was Had By All

Weekends are almost always a good thing.  Especially if you and/or your loved ones have that time off to catch up on chores and errands, or to just relax.  Some weekends, however, just seem a little better than others.  This felt like one of those weekends.

Saturday started with the Man of the House and I running some errands.  There was recycling to be dropped off.  Groceries to be bought.  But all that had to wait until right after a little sleeping in that needed to be done!

During the afternoon we took advantage of our annual passes to the Biltmore Estate.  They are offering the audio guides to the house tour for free this month.  Which is something we had never done. We learned a few things about the house we didn't know before.



Sunday dawned with a light dusting of snow.  Our first of the season!



There were pancakes for breakfast.  I made a sale in my Etsy shop.  The Panthers beat the Seahawks.  I made a perfect roux for the creamy tomato soup we had for dinner.  And the Man of the House offered to make the grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the soup.

Yep, Sunday was one good day!  A perfect close to the weekend and a wonderful start to the new week.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very relaxing, laid-back weekend....something I HOPE for this coming weekend. My hubby is taking off work Thursday and Friday and I'm hoping for a drive through Cades Cove...if there's no ice on the roads!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!