I'm a big fan of a good egg. (I still mourn the loss of my own fresh, homegrown supply of them) While a slimey undercooked white grosses me out a little, I do love a runny yolk. So, soft boiled seems like a no brainer. Right? Why am I not eating more of these?
It was settled. Soft boiled eggs on toast it was!
Delicious! And it couldn't be simpler. (well, ok - it probably could. But this was still pretty easy)
- Put about 3 to 4 inches of water in a small sauce pan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add eggs.
- Boil (simmer) for 6 minutes
- Remove eggs to an ice bath. Let them soak for several minutes.
- Peel eggs. (or just peel the top off and scoop out with a spoon or some of that toast)
- Crack whites open over a slice of toast so that the runny golden yummyness runs out.
- Consume and delight.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!