Thursday, January 5, 2017

In All Circumstances

You might never believe me if I told you it was possible to be thankful for a big nasty looking bruise on your child's body.  Until the day you see it there... and you are.  Just as I was a few days ago.

Last weekend, the man of the house and I made a last minute decision to drive up to Gatlinburg on Saturday.  We started out early in the morning and had only been in town for about an hour when his cell phone rang.   It was our son, telling us he had been in a wreck.  Of course this mama's heart jumped right into her throat, as her stomach felt like it hit the floor.  

Long story short - one of his rear tires blew, causing him to skid off the road and take out a telephone pole.  Fortunately he was alright, but sitting on the side of the road waiting on the police and a tow truck.  While we were now over an hour and a half away!   I was able to call my dad to go get him.  And of course, we cut our day short and headed right home. 

He is fine.  Except for a small cut on his hand from some broken glass and a nasty contusion on his shoulder/upper chest from the seat belt.  Which I am thankful for every time I see, knowing how much worse it could have been if he hadn't been wearing that seat belt.  Every time I catch a glimpse of it, I thank God for protecting him! 




Have you ever been grateful for something that would otherwise seem to be a negative?



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Beckey! I'm so glad he is alright, seat belts really are a blessing! It's so scary to get that call, bless your heart too... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this on my phone and wanted to wait till I got on the desktop to type out my comment. I'm soooooo glad that he's okay. I know your Momma's heart about jumped out of your chest...I can only imagine. HOPE he's getting over the soreness and back to "normal". Praise the Lord for protecting your boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs Deb. It's all well and good now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!