Monday, July 1, 2019

Currently... July 2019

Is anyone else finding themselves singing that old song from 1987 by Buster Poindexter?  🎶 "Feelin' hot, hot, hot" 🎶

Well, that's me!  I know some people love the summer heat, but this gal does not deal well once the temps get over 80 degrees.  As July rolls in, looking to be at least as hot as June was - you'll find me doing a lot of hiding inside with a glass of water and the a/c running!




Reading:  I just finished The Radium Girls by Kate Moore, and it was fabulous!  The true story of the girls (most in their late teens, some as young as 14), who worked painting luminous dials in the early part of the 1900's with radium based paint - and suffered the horrific side effects.  After that, though, I needed something a little lighter - so I am reading American Duchess by Karen Harper.  It is a fictional novel based on the life of Consuelo Vanderbilt.  Also coming up on my "to read" this for this month are The Five by Hallie Rubenhold and The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty. 

Celebrating:  July is a month for celebrating!  We have the 4th of July later this week.  Later this month, my niece and the Female Offspring have birthdays only 6 days apart.  

Working On:  Getting my office straightened up.  I've been doing a little bit of work almost every day to get it cleaned and reorganized.  I've made so much progress, but there's still a lot of work to be done!  

Enjoying:  Spending time with the grand kid.  It's so nice in the summer when I get to have him over a few days a week while his parents work.  I adore that little boy, and he has me completely wrapped around his finger. 

Wanting:  Y'all, I never in a million years thought I would say this - but I think I want to join Weight Watchers.  I am really struggling to lose my extra weight on my own. I've sort of followed the plan on my own with some success in the past. And I that joining the online program might be the support and structure I am wanting to help me meet this goal.  

Needing:  A little motivation in general  The summer time and all this heat have me just wanting to be a big lazy blob!




Making:  The grand kid told me he wants to learn to cook.  We went to the library to check out several kid's cook books.  He sat down with them to make a list of recipes he wants to cook.  From that list, we are making one thing together each week. 

Feeling:  We arrived home Saturday evening from a week away at Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.  So, right now I am feeling a little post vacation hangover/blues.  It was a lovely vacation.  And as happy as I am to be home, I already miss being ocean side.  Not to mention having all that laundry that now has to be done.

Anticipating:  Having my guys home for a long four day weekend this week.  Doing some more cooking with the grand kid.  

What are you up to as we start the month of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!