Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Getting Back On Track

Can I be completely honest with y'all for a minute?  When it comes to achieving my goals - the past couple of weeks have completely kicked my behind!

I just feel like things were getting away from me.  The Man of the House had to go out of time a few times.  We went on vacation last week.  And I just generally lost my motivation somewhere along the way.

It happens. But how can we stay get back on track to reach those goals?  How do we start over - even when things seem to keep getting in the way when we just aren't feeling it?


  •  Focus on the Results.  Visualize how you'll feel when you finally accomplish your goal.  Really picture it!  Every teeny, tiny little detail.  How is it going to look and feel?  Use this to inspire you to keep going.
  • Ask For Help.  Find someone who can cheer you on, give you the kick in the pants that you need, and will check on your to make sure you keep moving in the right direction. 
  • Break It Down into Smaller Goals.  If you're feeling overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of the task ahead - break it down into smaller goals or tasks that feel more manageable.
  •  Celebrate Successes.  No matter how big or small it is.  Enjoying that moment of completing a task or reaching a goal.  Feed that reward center of your brain!
  • Start Where You Are.  OK... so, you've struggled.  Maybe, like me, you even gave up for a time.  That's in the past.  There's nothing you can do to change it, so stop beating yourself up over it!  Refocus on why you started in the first place and begin again!

So, who's with me?  Ready to get back into the swing of things and show those goals who is in charge?  Let's do it!

My goals for the week are:
  1.  Take pictures of new items to list in my Etsy shop.
  2.   Drink 100 ounces of water per day
  3.   15 minutes of cleaning/organizing in my office each day
  4.   Track all my food points with the Weight Watchers app
We've got this!! Feel free to ask me at any point during the week how I am doing with my goals.  What are your goals for the week?  Share in the comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!