Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Favorites: Vacation Mode

One of my very favorite things is a vacation.  How could it not?  Let's be honest - have you ever heard anyone say "I don't really care for going on vacation."?  Probably not.



I enjoy traveling so much.  Whether it's somewhere close such as Gatlinburg, a trip to the beach, or somewhere farther away, like New York... or Tokyo.  And I am all about doing the touristy stuff where ever I go.  The cheesier, the better!

Last year, we took the grand kid and went to Disney World with my sister and her family.  As much as I love Disney, the best part of that trip was taking the grand kid and getting to see him enjoy it for the first time. It was so much fun.  It was also go, go, go for a full week.  From the minute the parks opened in the morning until they closed at night.  In the central Florida heat and rain.  If you've ever been - you know exactly what I'm talking about!

This year, I spent a week on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina with just the Man of the House and the Male Offspring.  It was more of a relaxing type vacation.  Waking up to watch the sunrise over the ocean, lazy days on the beach, eating yummy food at local restaurants and visiting local sites.


We ate far too much at Hudson's Seafood House on the Docks, Skull Creek Boathouse and Bullie's BBQ.  I enjoyed driving down to Harbour Town to explore the village and climb the Harbour Town Lighthouse.  Yes, me - the lady who is terribly afraid of heights. I really did it!  All 114 steps of it!  The views from the top are beautiful. Well worth climbing all those stairs.

We also took a day trip down to Savannah.  There was a LOT of walking involved.  And of course it was H-O-T.  But it was still very nice.  I enjoyed walking and window shopping along River Street.  They were filming scenes for the new season of Ozark (which I've never seen) at the Joe's Crab Shack, but all we saw was a lot of crew and equipment.  We had lunch at Moon River Brewing Company.  Good food, a good beer, but no ghost sightings.  (The place is supposedly haunted)




Sadly, the Man of the House lost his phone on the beach the night before we left.  And within 48 hours of arriving home - mine completely died!  This means that the only pictures we have are the few of mine that were saved to OneDrive.

We've only been home a couple of weeks, but the Man of the House and I are already talking about some trips we're planning for this fall and winter!

What's your favorite vacation destination?  Share in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about your phones! I would hope the carrier (or wherever you bought it) could retrieve your pictures.

    All of my family lives in San Diego so we go there usually a few times a year but it's not always relaxing. :) My favorite place is the ocean, any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys planning a nice trip to Ft Worth is a great idea...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!