Monday, February 5, 2024

Connect

In 2024 I chose to skip my usual One Word for this year in favor of a Word of the Month. This came about after last year's experiment with doing both. I found that I liked the freshness of a new word to focus on for each month.  My word for February is "Connect".

As we all know - the big "holiday" for this month is Valentine's Day.  Which is all about love.  And to love someone, you need to make time to connect with them and build the relationship.  

In the month of February, I plan to make Connections a priority. 

Connections are important.  With spouses or partners, our family, friends and other loved ones.  We even need to make time and space to (re)connect with ourselves.

For me this will look like:

- Connecting with my husband.  

Prioritizing spending more time together.  This doesn't mean sitting side by side while we watch television or mindlessly scroll on our phones.  It means engaging in some good conversations. Maybe taking some long walks or hikes together (if the weather cooperates). Holding hands more. Kissing more.  Trying to remember to stop what I'm doing to really listen and give him my full attention when he has something to say. Making time for a date night or two - or even a date lunch during the week to give him a break during the work day.


- Connecting with family.  

Sending more texts or phone calls just to say hello and check in with my adult children, parents, sister, and cousins.


- Connecting with myself.

Spending some time in meditation and doing more journaling.  Doing some self evaluation to determine what I want to do with the next season in my life. Writing more for the blog. And participating in more activities that bring me joy.


- Connecting with others

As part of "participating in activities that bring me joy", I am looking into attending a book club at the local library as well as a knitting and crochet group. This could help me to meet some new people and connect with others that share the same hobbies.


Throughout the month I will be thinking about and looking for additional ways to make connections. 

Do you make it a priority to connect with other or yourself on a regular basis?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!