Friday, February 2, 2024

Hello, February 2024

After a January that went by in a complete blur - we have arrived at the month of all things love-related.  February is upon us and Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away.  (If you're not feeling the love, be sure to check out my post "Love Someone" from Valentine's past.)

At the moment, February is looking to be another quiet month.  Actually, less than January turned out to be.  

Today is Groundhog Day.  I know that many of you are hoping that the fuzzy little creature does not see its shadow, forecasting an early spring.  At my house, we have seen no measurable snowfall this year. So, I'm kind of hoping for at least one good winter storm before warm weather arrives.  

I'm not sure what - if anything - the Man of the House and I will be doing for Valentine's Day.  We usually try to have a little date night on a day other than February 14th to avoid the crowds and long waits at all the restaurants.  I usually plan a nice dinner at home for the actual day of Valentine's. 

This month our youngest grandson is going to be a whole year old!  Watching him grow and learn new things over the past year has been so much fun.  His mom is planning a cowboy-themed party, and I can't wait to celebrate his birthday with the family!

The new gutters were finally installed in January, but thanks to a delay on an order and uncooperative weather conditions - we're still waiting for the trim on the front door to be completed.  Fingers crossed that February is the month this project finally gets put to rest. 

I don't have a clear idea about my reading list for February.  I am currently reading The Housemaid by Freida McFadden, and plan to read the sequel The Housemaid's Secret next.  I have a couple of holds at the library that I'm hoping will become available this month.  If not, I'll just read whatever strikes my fancy from my incredibly long To Be Read list. 

I did well on my January goals. The home office has mostly been cleared up and is a workable craft/guest room now.  There are still a few things to take care of.  I'd like to come up with a better guest bed than the current inflatable, but that's pretty low on the list. And I need to clear out and reorganize the closet.  I purged my dresser drawers and have them all nice and organized.  I'm still working on being more consistent about getting in some sort of exercise every day.  But I am doing better than I was - even if it's just a short session on the treadmill a couple of times a week.  It's all about progress. 

My goals for February include:

  • Reorganizing the closet in the craft room
  • Purge and reorganize bedroom closet
  • Exercise at least 3 days per week
What are your plans for February?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!