Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My One Word: LOVE

It's that time again... when I select one word to be my focus for the next year.  Each year, I start praying about my word and thinking about it around October.  Somehow the word always seems to find me rather than having to go looking for it.   In past years that work has been Fearless, Better, and - most recently - Simplify. 

For 2018 my word is:  LOVE



I anticipate this year being a journey of three stages based on Matthew 22: 37-39...

"Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’  This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"


Love of God:  Sinking deeper into His Word to develop a better understanding and appreciation of His great unconditional for myself and the world at large. As a result, I expect my own love for Jesus to deepen and mature

Love of Myself:  Learning to love and appreciate myself for the unique individual God created me to be.  Taking better care of myself - spiritually, emotionally, and physically through kindness, acceptance and grace.

Love of Others:  Demonstrating LOVE to those around me. Especially family and friends.  But also strangers and even to the seemingly unlovable.





Do you have a word for 2018?




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the word God's given you for 2018. I'm pretty sure that mine is FIERCE!!! I want to have a FIERCE desire to know Him MORE (my 2017 word) and to have a FIERCE love for Him and others...to seek out the best in people! HOPE you had a great CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!