Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Currently... May 2018

Happy May y'all!

So far, this has been one of those Springs that keeps us guessing.  Winter hasn't wanted to give up its grip on the weather, which just makes us appreciate those warm seasonal days that much more.  Now that May is here, we will hopefully have many more of the sunny, warn (but not hot) days to enjoy.

One of the things I like about the changing of the months is that it's a fresh new start. It's a good time to take a look at what's currently going on in your life.  I enjoy sitting down with my calendar to set goals and make plans for the month.





Reading:  Because I can't seem to get enough of anything related to the British or Russian royals, I am reading  The Romanovs: The Final Chapter  by Robert K. Massie.  It's an interesting account of discovering and identifying the remains of the last Tsar and his family, as well as how DNA comparisons managed to confirm or deny the claims of those who said they were members of the family rescued from the execution.

I am also still working my way through The One Thing by Gary Keller.  I got distracted and didn't make much progress through it during April.  

Enjoying:  Having the Man of the House back home.  He was in Japan for an entire week at the end of last month and I missed him very much. It's good to have him back where he belongs.  

Working On:  My plan for May is to try some new recipes - especially some that are outside my usual comfort zones.  Sunday night I made beef bourguignon, which was delicious!  In fact, I'm eating the leftovers as I write this and it's just as yummy reheated.  I also found a recipe for a vegetarian version made with mushrooms instead of the beef and I can't wait to try that also.  The Man of the House was also talking about trying some Ramen recipes. Real Ramen, not the super cheap packets of stuff so many of us survived on during our college days.  

Anticipating:  Summer vacation!  We are taking the grand kid for his first ever Disney vacation later this summer and I am SO excited to share that experience with him!

Wanting:  To lose a little weight before that vacation.  

Needing:  Enough time to complete orders for my customers and still work on some new product ideas and items to build up my stock of ready-to-ship items.

Feeling:  A little yucky.  The Male Offspring and I ate MUCH too much junk food while the Man of the House was out of town and it has certainly caught up with me.  I have felt bloated and just "bleh" for several days now.  I think I should probably live on nothing but fruits, veggies, and maybe some nuts for the next week or two just to give my poor digestive system a chance to recover.  


What are you currently up to as we move into May?





 With Love,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh, let's not even talk about eating too much junk food. My hubby went to a ball game with a friend Saturday evening and I was left home alone. I've been battling a bit of depression and so guess what I did almost the entire time he was gone...yes, I ate...and ate...and then ate some more. Needless to say, Sunday and yesterday I was back "on plan". Why do we do this to ourselves? (insert sad face)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!