Friday, May 11, 2018

Fresh Water

Yesterday morning, I was sitting at the table working on some stuff online for my Etsy shop when the dog walked over to his water bowl and started whining.  There's nothing unusual about that.  He often does it when to let us know that he's out of water and feeling thirsty. 

(He whines about a lot of stuff, he's a very anxious dog)

I walked over and bent to remove the canister portion of the water bowl.  And that's when I saw it...

There was a dead mouse in the dog's water bowl!!!

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!



After screaming - and successfully NOT throwing up - I removed the canister, took the bowl portion outside and tossed the water and it's deceased resident out into the back yard. 

(side note to the Man of the House:  oh, btw honey - I forgot to mention that there's now a dead mouse somewhere in the backyard.  Assuming the crows or some other scavenger haven't carried it off.)

Needless to say - the entire water bowl got a good scrubbing with scalding hot water.  And now has nice, fresh, not rodent flavored water.

Now, I'm off to have a very stern talk with the cat!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!