Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Rain, Rain... Go Away

It has been raining around here. Like... a lot.  Every day for at least the past week.  Not just a lot.  A LOT.  As in - "maybe we should give some serious thought to building that ark" rain.

With a chance of more rain in the forecast for every day this week.

The first day of the endless rainfall took down our little crab apple tree in the front yard.



A couple of months ago the Female Offspring's boyfriend asked me if the tree was leaning and I said "I don't think so".  Apparently... I was wrong.



I'm sad that it's gone.  This tree was a great tree.  It was pretty when it bloomed in the spring. Or when it was covered in snow during the winter.  It was nice and shady in the summer.  And a favorite climbing tree of both offspring and the grand kid.

The blessing in this story is that it's the smallest tree in the yard.  Too small to reach any of the cars or the house, so no damage was done.

Now, we just need it to stop raining long enough for the Man of the House to be able to cut it up and cart it off.

There has been a lot of flooding in the area.  And just south of here, they were dealing with some mudslides the other night.  Which makes me feel very blessed that one  small tree falling and having to take the long way around to go get my hair cut due to a closed road was the worst we had to deal with.  

Now, I'm just praying for a days of sunshine so the ground can dry out a bit and the river levels can start dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!