Tuesday, January 15, 2019

New Life for Old Shoes

My feet can be very temperamental when it comes to shoes.  So when I find a cute pair that are comfortable - I want to hang on to them as long as possible.  

This pair of ballet flats are awesome.  They work with everything from pants to skirts.  And they have a nice cushy sole that my moody arches love!  Sadly, they were starting to look... well, sad.  See for yourselves.


The toes and heels were scuffed and worn.  But I just couldn't bear to part with them.  Never fear!  I came up with plans to give them a sparkly new outlook!  

Taking them from this:


To THIS:


For this project I needed:
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Glitter glue for fabric
  • Glitter
  • Thin ribbon
  • Yarn needle

First, I brushed them with a stiff brush to clean them.  Then I clipped off the old bows.



Then, I taped off a section of the toes and the strip on the back of the heels.  This keeps the glue where I want it to be. 




I applied glue to the taped off areas... 



And covered them with glitter.



I repeated the glue and glitter process once more, for a nice coverage before allowing everything to dry overnight. 

The next morning, I used a yarn needle to thread the ribbon through the holes where the cording used to be and tied some pretty new bows. 




Voila!  My worn looking ballet flats are now shiny and beautiful.


They make me happy when I look down and see them, and I get SO many compliments when I wear them.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!